The 143rd Kentucky Derby is May 6th at Churchill Downs in Kentucky and a 70% chance of rain is in the forecast. Finding a good mudder in this group of 20 is nearly impossible. We thank Mike Battaglia, the odds maker at Churchill Downs, for giving us a morning line favorite at 4-1, Classic Empire, but come race day his odds will plummet from that enticing 4-1.
Mudders with potential:
Antique bluee glass sleepy eyes, 1.7 0.5 Classic Empire (4-1): Broke his maiden on a wet surface at Churchill Downs in 2016. Veteran rider Julien Leparoux has been aboard for all of Classic Empire’s starts.
Tapwrit (20-1): Also broke his maiden over a wet surface. My concern with Tapwrit is that his head is not in the game. He’s worth at look in a superfecta at this price and on Derby Day.
Pauline's Limited Edition DOLL Pauline Bjonness-Jacobsen Camilla. V-113 V. Rare AMT 1018 1 25 1968 El Camino (with Bonus Soap Box Derby Car)Gormley (15-1): Also has a win on a wet surface in California, but a wet surface in Southern California is very different than a wet surface in Kentucky. The only advantage for Gormley is his veteran jockey, Victor Espinoza. Gormley races well in California but the ship to Kentucky is a mystery.
Battle of Midway (30-1): Another California shipper who broke his maiden on a wet Santa Anita surface. Finished second behind Gormley in the Santa Anita Derby, has always been in the money in all of his four races. In a very scattered Derby, this horse deserves a look, especially at this price.
The Real Deals:
Classic Empire has been on my radar (and everyone else’s) Robin Woods Morgan Le Fey 1990since he won the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile. He’s kind of a sassy horse. He’s been known to train when he feels like it, but certainly shows up for the race. With his veteran jockey, consistent money finishes on his resume, and can run on a wet surface, Classic Empire lands on the top of my list. Besides all that, he’s American Pharaoh’s little brother. So the pedigree is perfect.
Lower legs porcelain, to tie in Vintage GermanyTamiya 1 48 Heinkel He 162 A2 Salamander
McCracken (5-1): McCracken finished third in his last race behind Practical Joke and Irap in the Bluegrass, but again, he didn’t need to win because he was already in with his win in the Sam F. Davis Stakes. Until the Bluegrass, McCracken was undefeated, and veteran jockey Brian Hernandez, Jr. has been with him from the first race.OBITSU BODY 25cm Girl M-bust 1 6 scale doll body Natura without magnet 25BD-F02N
Filling out the Superfecta:
Always Dreaming (5-1): Three wins in a row for Always Dreaming since veteran jock Johnny Velazquez took over, but only one graded stakes win, the Florida Derby, which he needed to get to Churchill Downs. A veteran rider, but little graded stakes experience and no races on a wet track. However, he’s been training well at Churchill and has put in some impressive bullet works since he arrived.
HERMANN TEDDY BEAR MOHAIR TAGGED STITCHED NOSE BROWN FUR FELT PADS JOINTED Linxtech DM009 6-axis flight control system RC Quadcopter N1C1Tamiya 1 24 Sports Car Series No.278 Alpine Renault A110 Monte Carlo 1971 Model
Thunder Snow (20-1):RC Boat 4 CH High Speed Mini Racing Rechargeable This is the European entry. Entering the gates as a multiple graded stakes winner in Europe with extremely impressing speed figures, but has no American racing experience and has ran most of his races at sprint distances. The check mark on this horse goes to the connections and that the fields in Europe are bigger than they are here. The UAE Derby, which Thunder Snow won, had 15 entries. He will not be shy of the 20 in the gate.
State of Honor (30-1): I wanted to make this horse my superfecta filler, but he has one knock: His jockey, Jose Lezcano. Julien Leparoux has been on State of Honor for his last four races, which were stakes races, and in which State of Honor finished on the board all four times. But, Leparoux is also the jockey for Classic Empire. (What a choice?) This Mark Casse trainee gets a definite look and will be taking superfecta money come post time.
Practical Joke (20-1) was doing fine until he got into races with the other Derby contenders then he couldn’t seem to get around Gunnevera, Classic Empire or Irap. He has no wet surface races, doesn’t like the distance or the crowds.
- OD 46MM x 44mm 1000mm 3K Roll Wrapped 100% Carbon Fiber Tubes pipe Glossy US
- Traxxas 4910 2.5 T-Maxx 2 Speed Transmission w Reverse Tranny Gear Box Gearbox
- Heye Puzzles - 1000 Pcmeow - New Free Colours Meow Lora Zombie Piece Jigsaw
- Marklin 48533 HO Gauge Container Wagon 3 Rail
- Melissa & Doug Best Friends Forever Joey Magnetic Dress-Up play set, lot of 2
- Traxxas Alias 2.2 Hinten auf blacker Chrom Felge TRX2470A Bandit VXL,
- Orangina par Claudi's Charming Bears - Artiste Teddy - Fabriqué en Allemagne -
- GREENLIGHT COLLECTIBLES - 1 18 - FORD GRAN TORINO - STARSKY & HUTCH 1974 - 19017
- Balsa Wood AERONCA SEDAN WATERPLANE LANDING GEAR For RC Remote Control NM`60
- SCALEXTRIC C2941A FORD GT40 1966 German limited 2000ex new in box
- 1 700 Admiral Zakharov Soviet Navy Missile Destroyer Skywave Series M-6
- CBG MIGNOT CIRCUS OR ANIMALS SAUVAGES GRAND ELEPHANT
- Special Hobby 1 48 CAC-CA-9 Wirraway
- Riich 1 35 RV-35013 WWII German HF.11 Large Field Kitchen w 1 Figure & 1 Dog
- 008D PRO 5.8G 4.3〃-Screen FPV DVR Goggles + 7.4V 2000mAh Battery for RC Drone
- Peluche PETER Coniglio 70cm GIGANTE XXL da PETER RABBIT IL FILM Originale Nuovo