The 143rd Kentucky Derby is May 6th at Churchill Downs in Kentucky and a 70% chance of rain is in the forecast. Finding a good mudder in this group of 20 is nearly impossible. We thank Mike Battaglia, the odds maker at Churchill Downs, for giving us a morning line favorite at 4-1, Classic Empire, but come race day his odds will plummet from that enticing 4-1.
Mudders with potential:
Lot Of Kids Toys, Wind-Up Toys Kids Meal ToysClassic Empire (4-1): Broke his maiden on a wet surface at Churchill Downs in 2016. Veteran rider Julien Leparoux has been aboard for all of Classic Empire’s starts.
Tapwrit (20-1): Also broke his maiden over a wet surface. My concern with Tapwrit is that his head is not in the game. He’s worth at look in a superfecta at this price and on Derby Day.
YuGiOh Ultimate Rare Dark Paladin Japanese foom japan F SYugioh Holo Lot (4 Rare Cards Dark Magician, Red-Eyes B. Dragon, Dragon of Ra)Gormley (15-1): Also has a win on a wet surface in California, but a wet surface in Southern California is very different than a wet surface in Kentucky. The only advantage for Gormley is his veteran jockey, Victor Espinoza. Gormley races well in California but the ship to Kentucky is a mystery.
Battle of Midway (30-1): Another California shipper who broke his maiden on a wet Santa Anita surface. Finished second behind Gormley in the Santa Anita Derby, has always been in the money in all of his four races. In a very scattered Derby, this horse deserves a look, especially at this price.
The Real Deals:
Classic Empire has been on my radar (and everyone else’s) Yugioh collection for sale of threesince he won the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile. He’s kind of a sassy horse. He’s been known to train when he feels like it, but certainly shows up for the race. With his veteran jockey, consistent money finishes on his resume, and can run on a wet surface, Classic Empire lands on the top of my list. Besides all that, he’s American Pharaoh’s little brother. So the pedigree is perfect.
Vintage battery operated toy rollerskating circus bear worksHUGE Chubby Puppies Puppy Spin Master Mini Accessory Dog Poodle Runway Lot
McCracken (5-1): McCracken finished third in his last race behind Practical Joke and Irap in the Bluegrass, but again, he didn’t need to win because he was already in with his win in the Sam F. Davis Stakes. Until the Bluegrass, McCracken was undefeated, and veteran jockey Brian Hernandez, Jr. has been with him from the first race.Yugioh 96 Card lot for sale
Filling out the Superfecta:
Always Dreaming (5-1): Three wins in a row for Always Dreaming since veteran jock Johnny Velazquez took over, but only one graded stakes win, the Florida Derby, which he needed to get to Churchill Downs. A veteran rider, but little graded stakes experience and no races on a wet track. However, he’s been training well at Churchill and has put in some impressive bullet works since he arrived.
Tin Toy Motorcycle With Sidecar Wind Up - Works Good - Excellent ConditionProhect MC2 Smart Pixel PurseAUTHENTIC Fingerlings Zoe Teal Monkey Bonus Stand WowWee
Thunder Snow (20-1):1996 Yu-Gi-Oh set of five This is the European entry. Entering the gates as a multiple graded stakes winner in Europe with extremely impressing speed figures, but has no American racing experience and has ran most of his races at sprint distances. The check mark on this horse goes to the connections and that the fields in Europe are bigger than they are here. The UAE Derby, which Thunder Snow won, had 15 entries. He will not be shy of the 20 in the gate.
State of Honor (30-1): I wanted to make this horse my superfecta filler, but he has one knock: His jockey, Jose Lezcano. Julien Leparoux has been on State of Honor for his last four races, which were stakes races, and in which State of Honor finished on the board all four times. But, Leparoux is also the jockey for Classic Empire. (What a choice?) This Mark Casse trainee gets a definite look and will be taking superfecta money come post time.
Practical Joke (20-1) was doing fine until he got into races with the other Derby contenders then he couldn’t seem to get around Gunnevera, Classic Empire or Irap. He has no wet surface races, doesn’t like the distance or the crowds.
- Fridolin 17197 Bamboo Safe 2 Logic Game
- TYCO 932 800 Santa Fe AT&SF OPERATING CRANE CAR with BOOM TENDER nr
- Zf993 Imai 1 100 Maqueta Barco Marinera B-961-500 en Maru Pelotón Figura Set
- E-flite Flight Controller Convergence EFL11009
- 1985 DC COMICS SUPER POWERS -Superman&Batman&Wonder Woman Digital Watch SEALED
- FG Mecatech Bremssattel, 1 St. - 9539 01 - Brake caliper
- 1 350 Model 86504 Navy Voltaire Pre-Dreadnought Battleship Warship Hobby Boss
- FLY A262 SALEEN S7R 24H. LE MANS NEW IN DISPLAY CASE 1 32 SLOT CAR -HARD TO FIND
- 1960's Power Break Box For Slot Car Controller
- Tamiya 1 35 Military Miniature No.177 German Army 38cm Charge Assault Gun
- Jumper T8SG Lite Multi-Predocol 12CH S-FHSS DeviationTX Compact Full
- SCALEXTRIC C2162 WILLIAMS FW20 No 2 MINT MODEL BOXED 1 32 SLOT CAR F8
- Boxed Miniature Solar System Orrery Globe Planet Marbles Set- 14-22mm Collection
- 7 Piece Set-American Heroes Lakeside Rubber 1967
- Vintage Lead Bandsmen unpainted x 8 a f FREE UK P&P
- Multiplex Hitec RC ROXXY BL Brushless Control 9120-12 Opto 318641
- The Gamers Wargame 1998 Repls & Variants Zip NM
- HO Scale Predo 2000 F7 A B Units In CB&Q Livery B C - DCC Sound Fitted
- Ho Scale Alco 2-6-0 Steam Loco W DCC Sound Item Lower 48 States Only
- MARKLIN MäRKLIN 3098 DIGITAL 6080 DB 4-6-0 CLASS BR 38 LOCO 381807 MINT BOXED nc
- New & Factory-Sealed 1 32 F-8E REPUBLIC CRUSADER – 2008 TRUMPETER – 02272