The 143rd Kentucky Derby is May 6th at Churchill Downs in Kentucky and a 70% chance of rain is in the forecast. Finding a good mudder in this group of 20 is nearly impossible. We thank Mike Battaglia, the odds maker at Churchill Downs, for giving us a morning line favorite at 4-1, Classic Empire, but come race day his odds will plummet from that enticing 4-1.
Mudders with potential:
Fantasy Flight Games FFGAHC01 'Arkham Horror' The Card GameClassic Empire (4-1): Broke his maiden on a wet surface at Churchill Downs in 2016. Veteran rider Julien Leparoux has been aboard for all of Classic Empire’s starts.
Tapwrit (20-1): Also broke his maiden over a wet surface. My concern with Tapwrit is that his head is not in the game. He’s worth at look in a superfecta at this price and on Derby Day.
DSA DSA4 - Das blacke Auge Drakensang am Fluss der Zeit Hort in der TiefeS.E.S. 4fach Gleisbesetztmelder GBM 2000 ungetestet ohne OVPGormley (15-1): Also has a win on a wet surface in California, but a wet surface in Southern California is very different than a wet surface in Kentucky. The only advantage for Gormley is his veteran jockey, Victor Espinoza. Gormley races well in California but the ship to Kentucky is a mystery.
Battle of Midway (30-1): Another California shipper who broke his maiden on a wet Santa Anita surface. Finished second behind Gormley in the Santa Anita Derby, has always been in the money in all of his four races. In a very scattered Derby, this horse deserves a look, especially at this price.
The Real Deals:
Classic Empire has been on my radar (and everyone else’s) MW-Modell N-EU-403.1 , Spur N, 2er Set DR ex FS Spitzdachgüterwagen, Ep.3since he won the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile. He’s kind of a sassy horse. He’s been known to train when he feels like it, but certainly shows up for the race. With his veteran jockey, consistent money finishes on his resume, and can run on a wet surface, Classic Empire lands on the top of my list. Besides all that, he’s American Pharaoh’s little brother. So the pedigree is perfect.
Mtg Magic the Gathering Khans of Tarkir Flooded Strand FOILTOP NOTCH TEACHER PRODUCTS BLANK BINGO CARDS Set of 6
McCracken (5-1): McCracken finished third in his last race behind Practical Joke and Irap in the Bluegrass, but again, he didn’t need to win because he was already in with his win in the Sam F. Davis Stakes. Until the Bluegrass, McCracken was undefeated, and veteran jockey Brian Hernandez, Jr. has been with him from the first race.N 6 Segnalazione Croce di Andrea + Fotoelettrico Raccolta - Sporco Difetti
Filling out the Superfecta:
Always Dreaming (5-1): Three wins in a row for Always Dreaming since veteran jock Johnny Velazquez took over, but only one graded stakes win, the Florida Derby, which he needed to get to Churchill Downs. A veteran rider, but little graded stakes experience and no races on a wet track. However, he’s been training well at Churchill and has put in some impressive bullet works since he arrived.
Gibsons Traditional Chess and Draughts setMetal Dark Eldar Hellion Blister X2 - OOP - Warhammer 40K C5581985 Giant Ogre Bounty Hunter C23 Warhammer Army Kingdoms Ogryn Games Workshop
Thunder Snow (20-1):MINITRIX N 15142 - SET TRES VAGONES MANTENIMIENTO VIAS DB - NUEVOS - OVP - TOP This is the European entry. Entering the gates as a multiple graded stakes winner in Europe with extremely impressing speed figures, but has no American racing experience and has ran most of his races at sprint distances. The check mark on this horse goes to the connections and that the fields in Europe are bigger than they are here. The UAE Derby, which Thunder Snow won, had 15 entries. He will not be shy of the 20 in the gate.
State of Honor (30-1): I wanted to make this horse my superfecta filler, but he has one knock: His jockey, Jose Lezcano. Julien Leparoux has been on State of Honor for his last four races, which were stakes races, and in which State of Honor finished on the board all four times. But, Leparoux is also the jockey for Classic Empire. (What a choice?) This Mark Casse trainee gets a definite look and will be taking superfecta money come post time.
Practical Joke (20-1) was doing fine until he got into races with the other Derby contenders then he couldn’t seem to get around Gunnevera, Classic Empire or Irap. He has no wet surface races, doesn’t like the distance or the crowds.
- HO MASTER gold U30B PH2 NdeM 9740 (ATM10001183) ORIGNAL BOX
- EMD E7A Diesel Locomotive w DCC & Sound HO Scale - Southern
- Lord of the rings chess set
- Lionel Ace Hardware, GREAT NORTHERN, GLACIER ROUTE FREIGHT SET
- LIMA HO 309471 309472 - LOT DE 2 VOITURES BANLIEUE DB - DC NEUF
- Athearn N 30000 Gallon Ethanol Tank TEIX White (3) ATH16505
- 1 700 Big bluee Boy USS New York LPD21 Photo Etch Set
- Monopoly Game of Thrones Board Game Collectable Monopoly Game Official Game
- MANTUA HO Scale Dual Lighted Aluminum Streamliner Kit 225-22 Room Car New York C
- Warlords of Erehwon Core Rulebook Warlord Games New
- HG 1 100 XXXG-01W Wing Gundam Mobile Suit Gundam W From Japan F S New
- MT 50' Box car RailBox (RBOX) with Blinking LED FRED New G3 80+ hour run time
- DOG-OPOLY LATE FOR THE SKY GAMES NEW & SEALED MADE IN USA - FREE SHIPPING
- HGUC 1 144 MS-14F Gelugumarine (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 STARDUST MEMORY) Gunpla
- Vintage Ohlsson & Rice 60 Ignition Model Airplane Engine & Fuel Tank Nice FREE
- STEIFF AUSTRIA TEDDY BEAR 1996 BLONDE 32CM LIMITED EDITION BOXED
- Align Bl750H Servo For 700 Class Helicopter.
- New BABW Guy Diamond Trolls Plush Stuffed16 Sound,T-Shirt,GlitterJeans all Tags